CompactFlash

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 9 04:49:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 21:46 +0200, Peter Lesterhuis wrote:
> Hi,
> I used to see an icon appear on my screen when I plugged a
> CompactFlash-card into my pc. Now suddenly I can't get it mounted. It
> looks like it isn't detected at all. In /media/ there is no sign of it.
> The only thing I changed recently is the removal of all the header-files
> in /var/spool/up2date. This directory contained 72 MB, so I thought is
> was a good idea to clean it up. Still I don't think this has anything to
> do with the CF-card not mounting.
> Is it a problem with udev?

Try watching what's going on in /var/log/messages when you plug the CF
card in: tail -f /var/log/messages

If that doesn't reveal anything, check dmesg right after you've plugged
it in to see if the hardware is being detected. It could be a udev
issue, or it could be a hotplug issue, or a combination thereof.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>