Re: Whoops. Erased taskbar

On Apr 9, 2005 7:19 AM, Sam Williams <sam mbz org> wrote:
> I just deleted the taskbar on top of my screen in gnome.  Can someone
> tell me how to get it back.  The default one would be fine.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

Yeah, I did this a few weeks ago. I couldn't get it back for the life
of me. This advice from Thomas Cameron helped:

quote

The "chainsaw" method is to boot the machine to runlevel 3 (i.e. np GNOME
stuff running), and in your home directory run the commands:

mkdir backup
mv .g* backup

This will move all your GNOME settings (essentially deleting them) and they
will be reset to defaults next time you start X.

/quote

Good luck.

Dotan Cohen

http://Music-Lyriks.com/