Cannot start squid !!!

Pierre Pelletier pierre.pelletier at cegepat.qc.ca
Sat Apr 9 15:59:28 UTC 2005

When I try to start squid, it does not stay and leave with this message:

FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname.  Please set
'visible_hostname'

Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.025 seconds = 0.014 user + 0.011 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Abandon

I read another email with the same case and it was suggested to use
webmin.  I tried, learned about this new good tool but it did not help
!  What I need I guess is that fully qualified name.  All the exemples I
can find seem to be for someone who would have his own domainName
registred which is not my case !

Does it have to do with my hostname here on my pc ?... Thank you very
much for any clue !
Pierre Pelletier