selinux and moving squid cache to another location

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Sat Apr 9 16:32:51 UTC 2005

I finally upgraded my aging RH9 system to FC3. I use this system as
a squid box (among others). The squid cache is in the usual place
under /var/spool/squid. As my root filesystem does not have enough
room I used to mount a specific partition for squid (/dev/hda6)
over /var/spool/squid. With RH9 this was working as a charm but with FC3
I get the familiar selinux errors:

audit(1113064896.887:0): avc:  denied  { getattr } for  pid=23318
exe=/usr/sbin/squid path=/var/spool/squid dev=hda6 ino=2
scontext=root:system_r:squid_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t
tclass=dir

I already tried to overcome this with a chcon command to no avail.

How can I use /dev/hda6 as my squid cache without turning selinux of for
squid?

Thanks,

Jurgen