RE: selinux not enabled

As far as I know the comments in /etc/sysconfig/selinux are correct (see
Alexander's earlier message in this thread). I currently have

    SELINUX=enforcing
    SELINUXTYPE=targeted

and selinux is working correctly for me. Autorelabel takes a while to run on
my systems (10+ minutes last time I had to do it), so I suspect there is
something more fundamentally wrong in your setup.

Brian