Fedora 3 (iso discs 2 and 3)

I have now twice downloaded and burned the iso's for
discs 2 and 3 of fedora core 3 and am unable to
install
because disc 2 (for starters) is unverifyable because
it is missing the md5sum (how is this possible?  i did
a check on the iso and the cdrecord didn't give me any
hassle when i burned the iso) and disc 3 get's 99%
through the media check then fails.

Both do fine on a dummy cdrecord and appear fine on a
regular cdrecord.

I'm using redhat 9 on a dell to download and burn the
iso's.

I'm installing on a IBM Thinkpad G40.  Any ideas?

Thanks!!