remove language packs

During my Linux apprenticeship, I have followed the advice in The Linux Bible and have done 'Everything' installs. I am ready to start deleting packages now that I know more, and would like to start with the huge collection of language packs, the il8n's, which take up a huge amount of the upgrade time and are not at all used by me. Is there a simple way to revert to an English only installation, or do I have to delete these one by one? I was trying yum remove on these, and I'm not even sure it worked, so, question 2 is, is yum remove the best way to do this?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA