Fedora 3 (iso discs 2 and 3)

script script_me at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 21:43:30 UTC 2005

> I have had that behavior with one type of hardware.
> Curing the problem
> may involve turning off dma.
> Here is where my memory is fuzzy. I think the option
> when installing
> and maybe also with mediacheck is: ide=nodma
>
> If I have gotten the form of the option wrong
> someone will point that
> out I am sure.
> --

hey - thanks for your reply - i'll give that a try on
my next attmept.

interesting that when i changed my cdrecord speed
option from 4 to 2 and reburned (yes a third time)
disc 2, the media check gets to 100% then fails.  for
the moment i'm going to try to install from it as it
is and just see where that gets me.  if it breaks, i
guess i'll be back at it tomorrow.

here's my cdrecord command (not that it matters
probably):

[root at localhost fedora_dl]# cdrecord -v -eject speed=2
dev=0,0,0 FC3-i386-disc2.iso