Two questions: install ndiswrapper & config Nvidia drivers

Cyanide no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sun Apr 10 02:13:11 UTC 2005

First about ndiswrapper:

It says I need to have wireless-tools installed.. I noticed that up2date has updated wireless-tools... I can find man pages on wireless, iwconfig, etc... but I can't find the actual program.  I don't believe it is actually installed, and need to find out how to install it.

I also don't know what I should do about the kernel sources. There is a link in the modules directory. But ndiswrapper also wants me to start compiling the kernel source so I have the needed header files.  What should I do here?

About Nvidia drivers:

I installed the Nvidia drives from a tarball.  And the only way I could actually get opengl to install was by editing ther console.perms file and remove the lines about dri.  I then chmod-ed and chown-ed the nvidia library files.  But every time you reboot, the permissions are changed back.  My fix was to add the chmod and chown lines in the /etc/rc5.d/init.d/S99local file.

What is a better fix for this?  I've heard that my solution opens a hole in security.

Cyanide

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=58367&topic_id=14629&forum=4#forumpost58367