[FC3] Weird problems dual-booting with XP

VB vboyt at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 02:52:11 UTC 2005

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~teuben/linux/laptop/dell-810m.html.

> Had i not used parted, probably everything would
> have been fine.
>
> - peter

Thanks for the response.  Right, the story is not
quite like mine.

I'm thinking my problem may be because the hard drive
I am currently using was imaged from an image of my
old drive.  That image, in turn, was created from a
hard drive that I had used Partitition Magic a couple
of times to resize my Windows XP partition.  Perhaps
these two factors have created an odd issue.  Of
course the combination presents a slew of
possibilities of what may be causing the problem.
I've accepted that, but what can I do to start investigating??