Commanding rc.local not to run at boot..possible.?

Hi All,

have a script in rc.local that hangs the machine at boot(I was seeing if the system here at home would do the same as my work PC, which it did, unfortunately). How can I instruct the boot process not to process rc.local. Is it possible from the command line to do this, and could you tell me what the command would be.? Knoppix3.7 doesn't recognize LVM, so I can't mount the partition and make a change to rc.local and booting with telinit 3 still gets the hang. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.