Someone tell this dude...

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 15:12:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 10:01, David Hoffman wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2005 5:40 PM, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > And it lets the "challenge" message go through?
> >
> > Seems like a spammer interested in reaching out to people using TMDA
> > would then just add the appropriate X header to the spam message which
> > should allow it to get through undetected.
> >

> Wrong. You simply ASSUME that's what it means, but apparently didn't
> read what I wrote. NO it doesn't simply allow the challenge to go
> through, it means that if it sees the header, it does not send another
> challenge message. Until the sender responds to the challenge, or
> until the TMDA user manually releases the message from the web
> interface or command line interface, the message is still held in the
> quarantine.

So two TMDA users try to send each other a message.  The message is
blocked and a challenge sent to the sender.  But the senders TMDA
service blocks the challenge message, you did say those are not passed
on through even with the X header indicating it is a challenge message.
So in effect attempts at communication between the two TMDA users is
blocked, neither one sees the others messages.

Of course now I guess you are going to say the recipient needs to review
his quarantine area.  But if I have to review the quarantine area for
legit messages that are trapped due to TMDA it kind of defeats the
purpose doesn't it?

:)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Politicians speak for their parties, and parties never are, never have
been, and never will be wrong.
		-- Walter Dwight