Someone tell this dude...

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 22:11:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 11:18, David Hoffman wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 10:12 AM, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > So two TMDA users try to send each other a message.  The message is
> > blocked and a challenge sent to the sender.  But the senders TMDA
> > service blocks the challenge message, you did say those are not passed
> > on through even with the X header indicating it is a challenge message.
> > So in effect attempts at communication between the two TMDA users is
> > blocked, neither one sees the others messages.
> >
> > Of course now I guess you are going to say the recipient needs to review
> > his quarantine area.  But if I have to review the quarantine area for
> > legit messages that are trapped due to TMDA it kind of defeats the
> > purpose doesn't it?
>
> I didn't write TMDA. I just happen to use it, and I have sent mail to
> other people using TMDA, and have not had a problem. So don't take it
> out on me if you can't find a hole in the idea. This should address
> your question:
> http://tmda.net/faq.cgi?req=all#4.12

No no no!  I meant nothing personal.  Just asking a question about how
it works.  Based on the description given it just seemed that there was
a potential race condition as I understood the rules as they were
described here on the list.

I am just curious how a challenge message gets through to a TMDA user if
that user has not whitelisted the sender yet.  Seems like a difficult
things to resolve without letting someone easily spoof such a message.
That is all I am saying.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
		-- Mark Twain