FC3 and Matrox G100

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 01:11:15 UTC 2005

Mírian Bruckschen wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 2:30 AM, Mírian Bruckschen wrote:
>
>>Actually, didn't work in any way, and I guess he'll use another
>>distribution, since it seems to work there (on a modified Debian
>>system). Anyway, is anybody has any experience installing and using
>>FC3 with this card, we'd be happy to hear.
>

> Well, _now_ it worked. :)
>
> What he did was installing FC3 using another video card borrowed from
> a friend and after it copying his XFree86Config file (from a Debian
> system, where his actual card worked perfectly) to the new xorg config
> file, on Fedora. Then, everything worked out. :)
>
> Thanks for the help,

Since there was a lot of trouble involved in getting his card to work,
the Debian config file worked where the Fedora config did not work,
against system-config-display. This *might* get the configuration
program for X to work on te next go-around. Submitting the working
config and the non-working config should be valuable to fixing the bug.

It's great that he now has it working with the config from another distro.

Jim