Re: Sendmail- Is this correct.?

Mark Sargent wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:04 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

I am giving this a whirl on a machine at work. I've set it to use our provider to relay(right terminology.?) Ok, I set up an account in Evolution that uses smtp:localhost.localdomain and sent a mail to myself. I then checked with Thunderbird to see if the mail was successful, but, nothing. I'm sure I've missed something very fundamental. Below is the only section I changed in my .mc file,

dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.feel.to')

Anything else need adjusting/tweaking..? Cheers.

You need to delete the "dnl", which means "delete to new line". It's
m4's way of commenting things out.

Paul.

Hi All,

thanx Paul. Paul, is there a way to confirm that the sendmail.cf is now sending via smtp.feel.to as the test mail is still not arriving..? Cheers.

Look in /var/log/maillog to see where sendmail is routing your mail to.

Look what's in your mail queues using "mailq" and "mailq -Ac".

Paul.