fc2 does not find cd/ dvd-player

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:38:20 UTC 2005

Hallo!

I am running a fc3 server. I had to change the original CD-player because i
broke down. I have tried to replace it with borth a new CD-player and
DVD-player. The BIOS finds both players, but fedora does not find anyone of
them. If I write 'mount /dev/cdrom' I get the eror-messages saying that
cdrom does not exist.

I have tried to delete the lines referring to the cd-rom in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf an afer that run kudzu --class cdrom, but this does
not help a bit.

How can I configure fedora to use the new player?

Sincerely,
Bjorn