CD hiss: how get rid of?

Hi all,

Much as I hate to admit it, music CD's sound a lot better on the Windows
box than on my FC3 workstation using kscd.  The problem is a high-
frequency hiss that I can't control.  Does anyone know the trick of
dolbying the hiss into silence?  (Of course I could just turn the sound
up, or limit myself to ZZ Top...)
--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,