IDE disk problem

I purchased a 200G Maxtor drive for my Alpha which is not being
recognized by Fedora Core 2 (Fedora 0.9 Alpha). This HD is not my boot
disk. I have it installed as Master on the first IDE connector.
Not being familiar with IDE disks, what jumber(s) should be set? Could
the age of my mother board be a problem? What could the problem be? Any
help greatly appreciated!

--
Bob R. Taylor <brtaylor sanfelipe com mx>