intelligent iptables gui's

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 00:59:52 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 15:12, David Hoffman wrote:
>On Apr 11, 2005 2:05 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
wrote:
>> >On your BEFSR41, go to the Forwarding Tab, at the bottom of the
>> >screen, do you see two buttons for Triggering and UPNP? Take a
>> > look at those screens.
>> >
>> >--
>>
>> I see those.  Under upnp, nothing is enabled (but it all seems to
>> work).  And the triggering screens data is all blank, as in
>> disabled.
>>
>> Should I be done something there?
>
>You mentioned that you were looking for the page where you could
>identify single ports to be forwarded.
>
>I'm not sure that it relates to true UPNP, but the settings on that
>page have worked great for me for a long time. If you want to enable
> a single port to be forwarded to your linux machine, select which
> port you want to forward, set TCP or UDP, set the IP Address of the
> internal machine you want to forward it to, and turn on the Enable
> check box.
>
>You could also do it on the port range screen, exactly the same way,
>by setting the same start and end port number.
>
>On my BEFSR41, there were about 10 services and associated port
>numbers already listed on the UPNP screen, and there are some other
>single port services that I added to the bottom of my list.

Mine are as defaulted I believe, and while those 10 services are
listed, none of them are enabled according to the screen I'm looking
at, but let me check again.  Nope, nothing is enabled on the port
forwarding->upnp screen.  Also, nothing has been entered on the port
triggering screen.  And I'm not having any trouble from this side of
router.  From the other side, I don't know but I'd just as soon that
those services weren't shown as available.  All I really want to do
is setup a torrent site for a few days.  I suppose I could have a
friend hit me up with nmap to check.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)