intelligent iptables gui's

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 01:27:01 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 20:18, Vinicius wrote:
>Paul Howarth escreveu:
>> On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 14:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>And I just went after the latest BitTorrent 4.0.something and
>>>installed that.  Digging thru the docs, the first thing I need to
>>> do is start a 'tracker', but that fails with an error message
>>> that I don't quite grok:
>>>[root at gene /]# bttrack.py --port 6969 --dfile dstate
>>>Traceback (innermost last):
>>>  File "/usr/bin/bttrack.py", line 16, in ?
>>>    from BitTorrent.track import track
>>>ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.track
>>>
>>>Now what?  There isn't any such module in the
>>>python-2.3/site-packages/BittTorrent subdir, and no such file
>>> exists in the archive either.
>>
>> That's strange because I've got one:
>>
>> $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/track.py
>> BitTorrent-4.0.1-1.fc3
>>
>> RPM from http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/
>>
>> Paul.

It appears I do too, using that test:
[root at gene /]# rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/track.py
BitTorrent-4.0.1-1

Is there some env var I have to set to make sure it looks in the python-2.3
subdir instead of python-2.2, python-2.1, or even python-1.5.  All 5 are
present on that RH7.3 system.

I just did an strace on the bttrack.py, and its looking in the python-1.5
tree, failing that and giving up.

In the FWIW category, in the above path for /usr/lib/python-2.3/site-packages,
BitTorrent is the only package installed there.

Call me puzzled.  That system was maintained by up2date until the service
was discontinued.  From the clues, it would seem that I need to go get
python-2.3 and install it.

But the local copy of yum cannot find any python.  Can you suggest a repo
path to add to yum.conf for an old RH7.3 system?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)