Re: Sendmail

William M. Quarles wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to set up Sendmail for the first time, and I don't really
know what I am doing beyond the man file and some stuff on their
website.  I modified the configuration file and I'm supposed to do this
(followed by the message that I received):

[root physstud root]# m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc:8: m4: Cannot open
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4: No such file or directory

I don't know how to make an m4 file. Could somebody give me a hand?

Thanks,
William

It's worth asking right now: What TCP or UDP port does Sendmail use? My guess is Port 25. In which case, you might as well know: a columnist writing for /eWeek/ has just recommended that every ISP /deny access to Port 25/ to all residential Internet accountholders. The reason: people are setting up their own mail servers and using them to crank out spam. When Port 25 gets blocked, Sendmail becomes useless--unless I'm missing something.

Temlakos