how to upgrade those package?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Apr 12 12:33:45 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 12.04.2005 schrieb jim martin um 10:13:

> Hi.. After the security audit, it is found that some
> of the application in our linux box is old.  May I
> know
> how to upgrade them??  Do you need to download the RPM
> on the net and install them or I can just do a
> up2date-upgrade-to-release version kind of things.???

What kind of audit? Version numbers of do not say much reliable.

> those old packgage are
> OpenSSH 3.6.1p2 (protocol 2.0)  need to upgrade to
> protocol 3.9?

There is an open security bug with OpenSSH from FC1?

> Apache httpd 2.0.46 -need to upgrade to 2.0.5

The Apache2 from FC1 has an open, unfixed security bug too?

> Squid webproxy 2.5.STABLE3- need to  update the latest
> patches

What especially?

> Where to get those patches?

Backport them. I doubt you know how to.

I suggest you upgrade to the latest FC3 state.

> MySQL 3.23.58- need to upgrade to version 4.0.21
> Do we need to reconfigure the database after the
> upgrade?

Why that upgrade of MySQL? That has nothing to do with security issues.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:29:52 up 11:10, 18 users, 0.04, 0.09, 0.08