Problem with Netgear router

Hello,

I have installed Fedora Core 3 and I have apache webserver running which came installed with fedora.I have a DSL connection and the modem product is actiontec.I have netgear router connected to this modem and 2 more windows systems connected to this router.

I was unable to get to the website when connected to the router but without router it worked.

I have the linux server on a static ip 192.168.0.51 and I openend the port 8080 for the webserver to this mac on the router settings , the netgear router uses port 80 for its web interface, but still it did not work.

Do I have to try something different, can I make it work with a router(or any other brand of router) ?

Thanks.
Janu