Re: Correctly use installer's Disk Druid utility for partitioning properly with Windows installed

On 4/10/05, Sam Johnson <johnsonsamc gmail com> wrote:
> 'fips' seems to have vanished.  I did a search on the CD and it seems to not
> be there, I also did some manual browsing.
>
> On Apr 10, 2005 3:22 PM, Sam Johnson <johnsonsamc gmail com> wrote:
> > 715 Megabytes is too big to fit on a 702 megabyte CD. :o\

> mirrors,
> > > You probably want:  KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso
> > > --
> > > Bests,
> > > Jon
> > >
> > --
> > Sam
> --
> Sam

Sam,
I highly recommend using System Rescue CD to resize your NTFS partition:
http://www.sysresccd.org/
It's much smaller than Knoppix and it works quite well.
I've started writing up some note about putting Linux on my laptop.
It's not finished, but right now it contains some tips for resizing
NTFS partitions:
http://webpages.uah.edu/~berryja/linux/r3000/
I highly suggest truning swap off and running defrag before attempting
to resize.

Jonathan

PS. please send only plain text messages to the list.  If you are
using the Gmail interface, click the << Plain Text at the top of the
message.