Hostname and Server Name

Hello,
I am trying to setup a server which should provide services as a webserver , email server , ftp server .I have registered a domain for myself and it is something like www.domain.com .Now when I setup Fedora 3 , and assign static ip address , is hostname something I should not worry about can I type something I like? .What is server name ?, I typed servername in HTTP configuration ,and when I tried to access the server from another comp using the servername it did not work it works only through ip address.

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Janu