Re: umount - "device busy" problem

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:32:35 -0400
Bob Chiodini <rchiodin bellsouth net> wrote:

> Try lsof | grep /media/...

> It should indicate who is using the mount point.  If you have not
> updated, it's most likely gam.  Update to the latest gamin.

> I've found that when this happens, logging off will sometimes clear the
> busy mount.

> gamin-0.0.25-1.FC3 is what's installed here.

Even after the update, I've had gam refuse to let go of media once or
twice with a compactflash card (my laptop has a compactflash slot). I've
not been able to reproduce it reliably, though.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek mindspring com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/