Re: Help with KDE control center

kevin kempter dataintellect com wrote:
I've just updated to KDE 3.4

I go into kcontrol as a normal user and then go to the login manager. I click on administrator mode and enter the root password. Then I see the "loading..." mesage, after a few seconds then it takes me back to the blue "welcome to the KDE control center" screen - and I am NOT in administrator mode.

Any Ideas??

Workaround is to bring up Konsole, su to root, and then run kcontrol. That will start the Control Center as root.