spamassassin use question

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:08:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:06:02AM -0600, kwhiskers wrote:
> Does anyone know where spamassassin puts the information it has
> learned? I would like to back up this information so that when I
> upgrade my system, I can restore the learned information.
>
> I use kmail for my mail on my provider account. Spamassassin is
> available through it and one of the filters calls sa-learn, so I
> imagine that if I flag each and every mail as either ham or spam, it
> will learn with time. According to 'man sa-learn', it can take about
> 1000 emails before it has learned, so I definitely want to keep this
> information safe for the future.
>
> Anyone here well versed in spamassassin?
>
> Thanks in advance.
Well it depends on how you have it installed. But I would look for a
directory in your home directory called: .spamassassin

In his book, Mr. DePree tells the story of how designer George Nelson urged
that the company also take on Charles Eames in the late 1940s.  Max's father,
J. DePree, co-founder of the company with herman Miller in 1923, asked Mr.
Nelson if he really wanted to share the limited opportunities of a then-small
company with another designer.  "George's response was something like this:
'Charles Eames is an unusual talent.  He is very different from me.  The
company needs us both.  I want very much to have Charles Eames share in
whatever potential there is.'"
-- Max DePree, chairman and CEO of Herman Miller Inc., "Herman Miller's
   Secrets of Corporate Creativity", The Wall Street Journal, May 3, 1988
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.