FC4-test2 iso' fail mediacheck

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 11:13:49 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On 04/13/2005 07:56:32 PM, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>> How much system memory do you have? I had a problem on one computer
>> that stopped the installation of rpms after only installing less than
>> 5 rpms in either GUI or text install. Adding additional system memory
>> let the installer complete. (was 256 MB, now with an additional 512
>> MB,for test 1, I'm setting out for discs for test 2) - :-)
>

> Had no problems with just 256 MB here, in test 1 or test 2.

I didn't have problems on two computers that had Intel processors. The
error that I experienced was on an Athlon. I tried the installation in
both GUI and Text wihout success. After adding the additional memory, I
set a VM machine up and it crashed the installer like the real computer
w/ 256 MB. An upgrade did not show the installer error. Adding the 256
MB memory back in and increasing the memory for the VM (version 5 beta
on FC3 host) allowed me to be able to install the VM version.
Changing disks out and trying the installation on a new disk w/ 256 MB
failed. Adding the 512 MB allowed a fresh install to be performed. This
might be related to the RAM that I had, but the problem was packages
were stopped from being installed. I could still go to screen 2 and
perform shell functions.
Hopefully the low end for memory requirements is higher than previous
releases and it is a rare case.

Jim

--
"If anything can go wrong, it will."