Re: backup the entire server

Gentian Hila wrote:

Hi guys,

I have database server Informix running on Fedora and I am looking for
a script that backs up the entire server to hard drive. Not just the
DB but everything, including db as well. I need to compress the files
as well.

Or any free utility or program would be great as well.

I am open to any suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Genti

If you want to make backups to another server , I'd suggest amanda. I've configured it to do daily backups of my /home to disk in less than 2 hours and works like a charm.
Also , we've used it to make remote backups of several servers to some central backup servers with tape drives and the backup/rescue procedure is very easy.

--
Pedro Macedo