cannot browse .asp pages

Gunnar Kramm gkramm at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 14 15:25:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:00:39AM -0600, Peter L. Hurd wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to download NVIDIA's drivers, but the page
> www.nvidia.com/linux points to an active server page (ends with .asp).
> Both firefox and opera really want to open this page with a texteditor
> or wordprocessor.  I think this is supposed to be a file that is
> browseable, rather than supposed to be downloaded and edited.  How do I
> do this?
>
> -P.

Actually the particular URL does not point to a web page at all.  it gives
you a redirect (HTTP code 302) to
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux

and that page does not render at all (not in IE or Firefox on my windows
box) and certainly not in Firefox on my linux box.

So.  I would go to the main nVidia website and search for linux.

--
Gunnar vS Kramm
San Francisco, CA

gpg public key: