RE: help with USB drive

> Hi,
> How do I mount a USB drive after booting up FC3?
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Li

Assuming it doesn't "just work" for you, the trick is that FC thinks it's a SCSI device. I got mine to work using something like this:

mkdir /media/usbdisk
chmod 777 /media/usbdisk # setting permissions for ease of use
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/usbdisk

If you have a USB disk that is an NTFS volume, I am not sure how far you can get, because I haven't worked on NTFS support. But I found I could build a new filesystem with

mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sda

Then it was easy to mount.

Erik