FC3 Mail Server Spam Assassin

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 14 16:28:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:30 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 07:42 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> > How should I set up SPAM Assassin/sendmail to filter email for all
> > users?
> >
> > I have FC3 running fetchmail and Cyrus IMAP for my family and noticed
> > that only the mail read by Evolution passes through spamd.  The kids and
> > the wife use Thunderbird and Outlook Express on windows. Their email
> > apparently does not run through spamd.
> >
> > I'm guessing MIMEDefang as a sendmail milter.  Is the the accepted
> > method?  Could it be done with sieve?
> >
> > Bob...
>
> I am using spamass-milter.  It is positively trivial to set up and
> allows you to do things like set thresholds for outright rejection of
> spam.  I have an RPM for it if you want.
>
> Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks for the info.  I'll pursue this when I get home.

If I understand Alexander's reply this morning, I must do something with
Evolution.  Probably turn off Junk mail filtering so that it does not
run the email through spamd twice.  The next question is what happens to
mail marked as spam when evolution processes it, do I have to make a
custom filter?

Bob...