Re: RAM out of order

Michael Scottaline wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:42:10 -0500
"fly over" <fly_over soon com> insightfully noted:

FO>Hi guys,
FO>
FO>i have 3 RAM sticks of 128 MB in my system. i'm using Fedora 3, please
FO>let me know how can i check that all of them are working properly ?
Run "top" and see if it reports "mem" as something approximating 384.  If
it's more like 256, then one of them might be faulty.
Mike

You could run the command "free" in place of top.

free -m should give output in MB

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472