Re: Network problems

Are the lights on, on the switch's ports that you are using?   Have you rebooted the switch?   Are you able to connect with other machines or ports (say  a laptop)?  Is the light working on the nic?  Cabling good?  If you have multiple nics you should stop/start them and see if you can get one to work, sometimes one works when another won't.  service network stop, ifup eth0, ifup eth1, etc.   Look at your dmesg and see whether it finds your eth0 or eth1, that'd be nice to know....

If you are able to narrow it down to the one FC2 box (and within the os), then I would say that lastly you should run a chkrootkit utility on the box to see if you have been own3d.

Cheers
Marc