Guide on RPM building released

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Apr 14 18:10:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 02:33:24AM +1000, Wolfgang wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:24 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:57:53PM -0600, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > >
> > > We have released a section of our courseware under a Creative Commons
> > > license that has very comprehensive coverage of building RPMs.
> > >
> > I downloaded the pdf file: GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.pdf
> > but I am having a hard time printing it.
> > acrobat 7 for Linux gets an eror immediately.
> > acrobat 6 for Windows can pront most of it but not about 3  pages
> > starting with page 17. and again 77-end.
> >
> > I have tried other programs like gv and ggv with bad results.
> >
> > Has anyone had similar experience?
>
> There's an update for the Linux version of Abobe Acrobat Reader 7. And
> for Windoze as well.
>
> The Linux Version is AdobeReader_enu_7.0.0-2.i386.rpm

I could not get the rpm so I downloaded the tgz file. After
installing, Instead of not being able to print page 12-17 it printed it
full of the kind of garbage you get when a font is missing. So what
font is missing?

Even historians fail to learn from history -- they repeat the same mistakes.
		-- John Gill, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.