Re: Upgrade from RH7.1 to FC3, any comments?

Rick Lim wrote:

Has anyone upgraded from RH7.1 to FC3 directly via CDROM?
Any comments from survivors of this upgrade?

Any recommendations?
Should I go from RH7.1 -> RH9.X -> FC1 - > FC3?

TIA

Yes, you did not mention what you're doing in 7.1 but broken dependencies is my first thought. There are a number of things that are much different in FC3 vs 7.1. Also, with your intended use...is your hardware going to give you a good experience for your intended ongoing use?

Also recommend clean install over in place upgrade....easier to chase issues that way...and less liklihood of pain if this is replacing a production machine....

YMMV

--
Eucke