Re: Getting Root mail in normal e-mail client

On 4/14/05, Neal Wilkinson <forums lists comcast net> wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:05:05PM -0400, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> >

> >>I have logged into console and it said root had new mail (a lot
> >>actually) and I figured out how to read it there but how can I have it
> >>sent to my normal e-mail client?
> >>

> >edit /etc/aliases and change the root alias to point to your user account.
> >

> but how then will the mail program receive it? Don't I have to tell the
> program to look for it?

If you make this update, it will start forwarding root's mail to your
account.  To get the rest of the mail, cat root's mail file
(/var/spool/mail/root) to your own.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben steeves gmail com