Re: Getting Root mail in normal e-mail client

Ben Steeves wrote:

On 4/14/05, Neal Wilkinson <forums lists comcast net> wrote:

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:05:05PM -0400, Neal Wilkinson wrote:

I have logged into console and it said root had new mail (a lot
actually) and I figured out how to read it there but how can I have it
sent to my normal e-mail client?

edit /etc/aliases and change the root alias to point to your user account.

This is weird. In that file I have this entry.

# Person who should get root's mail
#root:        marc

I don't have a user named marc

That's just an example (you'll notice it's commented out).

sure, still I wonder how the mail program would get it with my just changing that entry.