Migrating from Mandrake to Fedora

Roberto Ammendola roberto.ammendola at roma2.infn.it
Thu Apr 14 19:27:53 UTC 2005

Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

>We are considering shifting our boxes from Mandrake to Fedora.  I was
>wondering if anyone here has done so, and what they found they preferred
>in Fedora to Mandrake.
>
>TIA.

I'm just doing that on a cluster. Mainly I prefer Fedora policy for
kernel maintainance - much faster than Mandrake. I also find much
clearer the yum toolkit, rather than urpmi. I really loved the urpmi
--parallel option, but I screwed it up after a while.... no way to let
it work again...

so, good luck

roberto

     Roberto Ammendola    INFN - Roma II - APE group
tel: +39-0672594504  email: roberto.ammendola at roma2.infn.it   // \
     Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1 - 00133 Roma             \\_/ //