Re: Getting Root mail in normal e-mail client

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:20, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 03:09:56PM +0000, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> >

> >>I can change that file but how do I tell my mail program to retrieve it?
> >>In other words for a regular inet account I just need my user name my
> >>password, and the mail server settings. How do I set it up to receive
> >>this mail?
> >>

> >It depends on your mail client. For many, looking at the local spool will
> >just be the default.
> >

> I swap back and forth now between Tbird and Evolution. Right now I'm
> using Thunderbird. How would I go about it there?

Matthew,

Sendmail running on the FC box is what is handling the mail the root
address is root yourmachinename  If you edit that line to something
like:

root yourname youraddress, sendmail will lookup the mx record and send
the mail there. If this is your address at your ISP you should get it
there depending on firewalls etc.

Just my thoughts.

Rob