Accessing SQL Server

Philip A. Chapman pchapman at pcsw.us
Thu Apr 14 19:50:56 UTC 2005

Richard Crawford wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a Linux client for SQL Server?  The only reason at
> this point that I keep a Windoze box at work is that I sometimes need to
> query our user database, which lives on a remote computer running SQL Server
> on Windows, and I can't find a front end client for it for Linux.

Richard,

I created a java based application that is similar to Query Analyzer
that connect to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and newer (among other
database variants).

http://pcsw.us/projects/dbbrowser

Hope that helps,,

--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP