bochs vs. vmware

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 21:42:14 UTC 2005

David Hoffman wrote:
> On 4/14/05, kwhiskers <kwhiskers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The software I paid dearly for, vmware 4.5, is already ending it's
>>lifespan and, no doubt, will not be long before it doesn't work with
>>linux anymore.
>

> Huh? Just because VMWare 5 got released 3 days ago does not mean that
> support for version 4.5 is going away any time soon. I'm not sure that
> you have a whole lot to be worried about for a while.
>
> If you want to upgrade to version 5, it's only $99.00 to do an upgrade
> purchase, and in my opinion, this is WELL worth the price, considering
> all the improvements that they have made.

The beta version of version 5 worked a lot better than 4.5 did when
testing the beta on FC3 as host.  I tried the windows host version and
there was no real difference in the look or functionality between either
   host version.
There seems to be improvements significant to make upgrading worthwhile.
Too bad that it is not free. 99 dollars for an upgrade? This might be
in-line with market.

Jim

--
"If anything can go wrong, it will."