Yum hangs on local mirror

We have set up local yum mirrors for Fedora, and updates are fast as heck, except that Yum seems to hang intermittantly. Sometimes it stops right in the middle of copying over an rpm; then it just sits on the process bar and never seems to recover. We don't seem to see this problem when using mirrors from the Internet, although these are much slower, of course.

Could this be a problem with trying to push too much data through the local apache server? It doesn't show any errors.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608