How do I run installed applications???

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Apr 15 02:43:37 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:

>On Thursday 14 April 2005 21:48, Jason Hoskins wrote:
>

>>How do I determine where an application is installed in Fedora Core
>>3? I have installed a couple of apps using RPMs and I do not know
>>how to start them. I have found Netscape which from the terminal I
>>type '/.Netscape' and it sounded like it was starting, waited for a
>>few minutes and returned to the command prompt.
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>

>Wrong syntax.  If you are in the same directory as the executable, but
>it (that directory) is not in your $PATH, then the syntax
>is ./Netscape, not /.Netscape.  The latter syntax would tell it to
>look in the / directory or partition, for a hidden file
>called .Netscape.  Taint gonna work (unless thats where you put it
>that is :-)

Hi All,

adding to this. You shouldn't really need to run ./netscape as the RPM,
from my understanding, will add the install to PATH, so, just typing
netscape from the prompt should run it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the
RPM adds an icon under Main Menu(The Read Hat)/Internet(well at least
the firefox/mozilla one does). HTH. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.