Fedora Core 3 Update: XFCE 4.2.1.1 (15 packages)

Fri Apr 15 18:09:53 UTC 2005

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:43:52PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>>

>>> Combining everything into a single mail because it makes no sense to
>>> send many mail for something so few people actually use.
>>>

>> Oh, please don't do this -- it confuses my mail processing scripts (which
>> make sure I don't miss updates) to no end. Plus, quite a few people
>> around
>> here *do* use XFCE.
>>

> I sure do, well on my server at least.

As do I.

Even on my Dell 5150 laptop with a 3.2 Ghz P4 and 2 Gb of RAM, there is
a notable performance advantage of Xfce over GNOME.

BTW, for those using Xfce, there is a brand new theme site:

 http://xfce-look.org

Of course, there is some overlap with GNOME-look,org, given the ability
to use Gtk themes, etc.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz