telinit 3 does not not recognize my logitech keyboard

I have an AMD64 system running FC3 fully updated. My video card is a
Geforce FX5500 using the fedora default gforce fx driver. I've been
trying to install the latest nvidia driver but the only imput telinit 3
recognize from my keyboard is Ctrl-Alt-Del. Any suggestions? TIA.

Leopoldo Olmos