Need help getting clamav working

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Apr 15 22:21:43 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 15.04.2005 schrieb Saurabh Barve um 23:34:

> This thread got me to try and get clamav working on my machine as well.
>
> I changed settings in sendmail.mc, and in /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter.
> Here is the socket line in in /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter:
> 'local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock '
>
> And generating the sendmail.cf file after making changes to the
> sendmail.c, I get this in the sendmail.cf file:
> 'Xclamav, S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock,F=,T=S:4m;R:4m'

I am not sure about your quotation: are the '' just in your mail or
inside your sendmail.cf? A common fault is to use wrong quotes inside
the sendmail.mc. A proper line here for clamav-milter looks like:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=unix:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock,
F=T, T=S:4m;R:4m;E:4m')dnl

The quotation pairs are `'. The resulting Xclamav line in sendmail.cf is
then

Xclamav, S=unix:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock, F=T,
T=S:4m;R:4m;E:4m

You see, no quotes there.

> But when I did 'service clamav-milter start', I kept getting this error:
>
> Starting Clamav Milter Daemon: clamav-milter: socket-addr (
> local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock) doesn't agree with sendmail.cf
>                                                             [FAILED]
>
> I don't get this. It looks to me that the path to the socket file is the
> same in both the files.
>
> I then read this in a post on the clamav mailing list:
>
> "
> I had to modify this line in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav-milter file:
>
> CLAMAV_FLAGS=' --external -lo /var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock'
> "
>
> I tried this advice as well, but I still keep getting the same error.

You better don't edit the init script. /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter
should be sourced and contains all runtime imformation for the ClamAV
milter process.

> Saurabh.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:07:11 up 3 days, 20:47, load average: 0.55, 0.41, 0.23