how to make Firefox use a program on a particular extension

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Apr 15 23:13:07 UTC 2005

I've got Kaffeine running on top of mplayer with the WM codecs to play .wmv
video files. BUT, every time I click on one from within Firefox, it pops up a
dialogue asking if I want to use Totem. In Firefox's download preferences
tab, in the 'file types' window, there's an entry for Microsoft WMV video and
it says to use Kaffeine. There's a difference between this and the row above
which has three columns; it looks like this:

RAM	RAM file 		Open with realplay
	Microsoft WMV video	Open with Kaffeine

It seems like this could be the issue, but I don't know how to fix it. I've
also gone into KDE Control Center and configured file types there to use
Kaffeine for .wmv, and from Konqueror, this works.

Any ideas?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA