how to make Firefox use a program on a particular extension

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Apr 16 01:01:41 UTC 2005

On Friday April 15 2005 7:13 pm, Claude Jones wrote:
> I've got Kaffeine running on top of mplayer with the WM codecs to play .wmv
> video files. BUT, every time I click on one from within Firefox, it pops up
> a dialogue asking if I want to use Totem.

I add - I have gone and selected Kaffeine from /usr/bin a dozen times, and
each time I have clicked on the 'Do this automatically for files like this
button' - so again - is there some other place that this file has to be
associated for this to stick? Or this a broken feature? I'm in the video
production business, so for me, this is not an entertainment question...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA